A. Foundational Knowledge and Skills
- Analyze and evaluate ideas in various types of spoken English texts;
- Communicate ideas effectively and appropriately in spoken forms both in formal and informal situations;
- Analyze and evaluate ideas in various types of written English texts;
- Communicate ideas effectively and appropriately in written forms both in academic and non-‐academic contexts;
- Demonstrate a mastery of theoretical concepts of English language, linguistics and/or literature.
B. Academic and Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Locate selectively discipline-‐specific sources for research purposes in language/linguistic and literary studies;
- Create principled and diverse researched and/or original texts in varied genres and formats, using various technologies and/or multimodal formats;
- Apply linguistic theories in analyzing language phenomena accurately;
- Apply literary theories in literary criticism accurately;
- Adapt drama into a performance creatively;
- Produce acceptable translation of spoken and/or written texts of various genres from English into Bahasa Indonesia and vice versa.
C. Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate autonomous and continuous learning in order to gain and enhance knowledge of language and literary studies applicable and appliable to professional works, community services, and responsive to global advancement;
- Demonstrate attitudes reflecting humanism and tolerant practices;
- Demonstrate good morality and behavior;
- Realize the principles of work ethics covering discipline, responsibility, self-‐esteem and self-confidence, and teamwork;
- Show effective communicative competence in social interpersonal as well as academic contexts;
- Demonstrate creative-‐critical thinking and innovation in social and academic lives.