The curriculum of a Sarjana (Bachelor) degree in English Language and Literature (ELL) has been revised and reconstructed in accordance with the new policy of Kerangka Kualifikasi Nasional Indonesia (Indonesia National Qualification Framework) 2012. The description of the curriculum starts with the Vision, Missions and the Objectives of the Sarjana Program, followed by graduate profiles, then the target competencies. The curriculum structure is presented to show the distribution of the courses in the program accompanied by the course description.
Based on the Decree of the National Accreditation Council, No. 097/SK/BAN-PT/Ak-XV/S/II/2013dated February 2013, the Sarjana (B.A.) Degree Program in English Language and Literature has been accredited B (effective until February 28, 2018).
The English Language and Literature Study Program is a reputed provider of an outstanding ICT-based Higher Education which is anticipative of global developments and future situations in English language and literature
- Conduct ICT-based and effective student-centered higher education courses in the field of English language and literature.
- Facilitate research in English language and literature , the findings of which will contribute to the development of science and community welfare.
- Carry out community services in the area of English language and literature for the purpose of community empowerment.
- Empower good governance and to sustain and improve quality assurance.
- To produce graduates who possess academic and moral integrity in the field of English language and literature.
- To empower academics who produce reputable creative and scientific works in the field of English language and literature.
- To institute academically-based community services in the field of English language and literature in order to promote civil society.
- To establish effective, efficient, and accountable management of higher educational courses, research, and community services.
In reference to the national qualification framework 2012, the graduates of Sarjana (B.A.) Degree in ELL are professionals who: conduct research in the field of English language and literature; translate and interpret English into Bahasa Indonesia texts and/or vice versa; employ higher analytical skills as language consultants in order to provide feedback for work-place documents; and who produce a variety of writing genres publishable in a variety of media. The graduates’ English proficiency is equal to paper-based TOEFL score 525 / CBT TOEFL 196 / iBT TOEFL 69-70 / IELTS 5.5.
In line with the graduate profile, the competencies of the S1 graduates are classified into three categories; main, supporting, and other competencies.
1. Main Competencies
- An English proficiency equal to paper-based TOEFL score 525 / CBT TOEFL 196 / iBT TOEFL 69-70 / IELTS 5.5;
- A mastery of the basic theoretical concepts of English language and/or literature;
- The proficiency to translate oral and/or written texts of various genres from English into Bahasa Indonesia and/or vice versa;
- The ability to implement the principles of the English language and/or literature research in research report writing;
- The ability to organize research findings in the field of English language and literature for publication;
- The ability to employ linguistic and/or literary principles to produce printed and non-printed creative and scientific writing.
2. Supporting Competencies
- The ability to integrate and employ ICT- based research in the field of English literature and language;
- The ability to perform autonomous and continuous learning in order to gain and enhance an advanced knowledge of the English language and literature;
- Effective communication skills for both formal and informal forums;
- Active promotion of performance qualities and work ethics;
- The ability to build teamwork skills;
- The ability to apply language principles and rules in editing printed and/or audio-visual texts for publication;
- The ability to compose news for publication by employing scientific and linguistic principles;
- The ability to write research-based news, opinion articles, report and feature;
- The ability to apply linguistic concepts in written and verbal communication
3. Other Competencies
- A working knowledge of English Language Teaching;
- Keeping abreast with current developments in English Language Teaching.