Engaging students, empowering teachers:
Toward quality education
Bearing in mind this vision, the 2018 iNELTAL Conference takes on the theme of “ENGAGING STUDENTS, EMPOWERING TEACHERS: TOWARD QUALITY EDUCATION”. Tapping on the main theme, the conference aims to gather postgraduate students, university lecturers, and school teachers from different parts of the world to discuss and address topics in the context of English language teaching and learning such as:
- Cooperative learning
- Project-based learning
- Task-based learning
- Intercultural approaches to learning
- Integrating literature and pop culture
- Using authentic materials
- Autonomous learning approaches
- Integrating ICT in learning
- Teacher leaderships
- Teacher professional development
- Learning by/from doing research
- Reflective practice
- Teacher learning community
- Lesson study
- Educational policy
- Teacher training and education
- Educational partnership and collaboration
- Creative teacher projects
Dr. Derek Irwin is an Associate Professor in Applied Linguistics at University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), and a Senior Research Fellow at University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). He is the co-author of several writing guides for post-secondary students, and in his free time is a creative writer, director and actor.
Dr Hayo Reinders is Professor of Education at Unitec in New Zealand and TESOL Professor and Director of the doctoral programme at Anaheim University in the USA. Hayo has published over 20 books and 100 articles in the areas of autonomy, technology, teacher education and out-of-class learning.
Prof. Utami Widiati is the Dean of Faculty of Letters, Universitas Negeri Malang (UM). She has published extensively in the areas of curriculum and material development, SLA, and teacher professional development.
- Deadline for abstract submission: 30 July 2018 (no extension)
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 10 August 2018
- Full paper submission: 29 September 2018
- Deadline for registration and payment: 29 September 2018
- Conference date: 27 – 28 October 2018
- Indonesian Presenters IDR 800,000
- International Presenters USD 70
- Indonesian Participants IDR 500,000
- International Participants USD 40
Payment via bank transfer should be made payable to:
Bank Name : MANDIRI
Branch : Malang Galunggug
Bank Account Name : Nabhan Fuad Choiron
Bank Account Number : 144-00-1751678-9
Prof. Utami Widiati, Dean of Faculty of Letters, UM
Dr. Primardiana H. Wijayati, Vice Dean for Academic Affairs, Faculty of Letters, UM
Dr. Johannes A. Prayogo, Head of Department of English, Faculty of Letters, UM
Chairperson : Dr. Anik Nunuk Wulyani
Secretary : Nova Ariani, M.Ed.
Treasurer: Dr. Niamika El Khoiri
Hasti Rahmaningtyas, M.A.
Abstract and Sessions : Nur Hayati, M.Ed.
Secretariat : Rahmati Putri Yaniafari, M.Pd.
Afif Azmi Laili Rachmah
Design : Inayatul Fariha, M.A.
Proceedings and Publication : Nunung Suryati, Ph.D.
Nabhan F. Choiron, M.A.
Transportation and Accommodation : M. Luqman Hakim, M.Pd.
Food and Beverages : Maria Hidayati, M.Pd.
Hasti Rahmaningtyas, M.A.
Ceremony and Entertainment : Tri Wahyuningtyas, M.Si.
Documentation and Properties :