Author (s) : Penny Ur
Series Title : Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers
Call Number : CB 428.007 UR g
Publisher : Cambridge University Press : Cambridge., 1988
Collation : 152 pages, 21.6 x 27.7 cm
Language : English
ISBN/ISSN : 0521338476
For the teacher who wishes to combine grammar teaching with a broadly communicative methodology, this book is an invaluable resources. It contains a collection of imaginative and interesting grammar practice activities suitable for a wide range of levels and ages.
Part one Provides
• a detailed introduction to grammar teaching in the foreign language classroom.
• Guidelines for the design of activities
• Practical hints of effective classroom presentation
Part two provides
• Almost 200 game-like activities for practising important of problematical aspects in English grammar, with detailed descriptions of procedure
• Sample texts and visuals which may be photocopied for immediate use or used as a guide when designing your own materials.
This book can be accessed in ESAC.